08 March 2012

Philippine Fact #4



Now for a bit of history:

The Philippines became a Spanish colony in the 16th century and were ceded to the United States in 1899 following the Spanish-American War. 

In 1935, it became a self-governing commonwealth and the President, Manuel Quezon, was tasked with preparing the country for complete independence within 10 years. However, in 1942, the Philippines fell under Japanese occupation and Filipino/US forces were unable to retake the country until 1945. 

On July 4, 1946, the Philippines finally achieved Independence.


[I've always loved History. When my sister visited me in college, I took her to my World History class, which was one of my favorite classes of all time. She feel asleep.]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, unless you're a troll or a bully, in which case I will delete you so fast...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...